Yes. It is the fastest growing segment of the landscape industry. Synthetic turf is a residential and commercial landscaping choice in California and it is here to stay.
Yes. Leveraging your current knowledge in the landscape industry, synthetic turf is a natural business segment to include in your business model. IST is committed to helping you through the process with exceptional customer service and support. Our CAst training will be invaluable to you. Choose to be the perfect teacher.
- Choose a supplier that is established and reliable, that offers a full complement of products and services that
are important to your success.
- Look for a full product range, business services, training, and support.
- Dedicate yourself to becoming the perfect installer. Treat each installation as if all future business relied on its success.
CAst training and certification is a designed training path to success in the synthetic turf industry. CAst has been created by leading industry experts that have the demonstrated knowledge and applied abilities to educate, guide, and support you to success.
Residential and commercial landscape, lawns, pet areas and golf are the biggest segments of this industry. The following applications are also very popular:
- Golf driving ranges
- Indoor sport facilities
- Baseball facilities
- Croquet court
- Batting cages
- Miniature golf
- Marine applications
- Therapy areas at medical facilities
Yes. It has several advantages that help the environment:
- The Imperial Synthetic Turf system allows rain water to return to the earth as clean as it falls from the sky. Living lawns typically require chemicals that are captured by the rain water and drain into the earth.
- Reduced need for regular watering savings billions of gallons of water every year.
- Reduces carbon emissions by limiting the need for gas powered maintenance equipment.
Here is a simple calculation to help you: square feet x depth divided by 200 = tonnage needed. For example, let’s use a 1000 square foot facility = 1000 (square feet going to be installed) x 4 (depth of base being built) = 4000/200 = 20 tons of base.
We recommend road base, Class II is the most popular, as the primary base with DG only used to smooth the base to achieve the ultimate finished surface. DG should not be the primary based since it will retain water and is subject to holding foot prints and other indentations. CAst training will cover this in great detail.
A weed barrier will prevent most weeds from growing up through your turf. Please be aware that weeds are transferred by the natural elements, including animals. Regularly scheduled aftercare will prevent weeds from multiplying.
2+ Pounds of infill sand per square foot is important for a successful and long-lasting project. The infill sand gives the synthetic turf blade support and ballast (weight) which contributes to the following:
- It helps the fiers to stand up easier and maximize the look of the facility.
- The weight keeps the turf from forming bubbles during temperature swings.
No. Synthetic turf allows 55 gallons of drainage per hour per square yard. This is more than ample for trees to thrive. If the client has any doubts, simply install bubblers around the trunk of the tree for irrigation.